Master planning lifestyle perfection
Halcyon’s newest Sunshine Coast community, B by Halcyon, will be the company’s greenest project to date and has been thoughtfully masterplanned to perfection.
The community is nestled in the foothills of the Buderim rainforest and has been designed and constructed to create beautiful, activated and liveable environments.
More than 40 homeowners have now moved in and 100 homes are expected to be built by the end of the year.
B by Halcyon Project Director Chris Carley said master planning was a process which involved working with the natural attributes of the land, creating a vision which looks after the needs of the people who come to live there.
“It’s one of the most important times in a project and we don’t rush master planning at Halcyon, we invest a lot of time looking at what the need of the people who are going to live there are and what it is that we actually want to create onsite,” he said.
New homeowners Michael and Kerry Pert had moved to the Sunshine Coast from Canberra after they retired at the end of 2019.
“We thought it would be a conventional move and we’d buy a conventional house,” Michael said.
“But then we were introduced to the vision the team had for B by Halcyon and we really wanted to be involved in that type of project and get involved as early as we could.”
Michael said B by Halcyon feels like they are part of the Buderim ecosphere, which was testament to Halcyon’s design.
“We’ve lived in many places including overseas and we also built a home, which wasn’t a great experience so we had to trust Chris and the team to go into this,” he said.
“We’re very happy that we did, it’s been one of the best experiences of our lives and while we never say never, this is our last move.
“Our forever home.”
Halcyon’s master planning includes the following attributes:
- Articulated facades of our homes, both vertical and horizontal make the streets flow.
- Activated, walkable streets that provide visual security and permeability.
- Passive solar orientation where every home benefits from aspect.
- Adaptable, flexible home designs that will adapt to your changing needs.
- Space – our streets are wide, like a neighbourhood not a complex.
- Each home has its front yard, front garden and front verandah.
- The streets are open and inviting so when your family visit, they just stop and park in your front driveway rather than having to park in a visitor’s carpark hundreds of metres away.