Banoffee pie a sweet hit
SUMMER IN AUSTRALIA MEANS HOT DAYS, BALMY NIGHTS AND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, FRESH SEASONAL FRUITS ARE IN ABUNDANCE. WE’VE TAKEN THE BEST OF QUEENSLAND’S SEASONAL FRUITS TO MAKE TREATS DESIGNED TO IMPRESS AT YOUR NEXT FESTIVE CELEBRATION.
* 1 x packet biscuits
* 125gm butter, melted
* 2 x bananas
* 300ml double cream
* Shaved chocolate
* Dulce de leche (caramel) filling
* 1 x 395gm can sweetened
* Condensed Milk
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 50gm butter
1. Finely crush biscuits and add butter, combine well. Press biscuit mixture into cake tin and firmly press mixture over the base. Place in the fridge until required.
2. To make filling, place condensed milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly for 10-12 minutes or until caramel thickens (do not boil).
3. Pour filling over base into the tin. Cover and place in the fridge for one hour to chill.
4. Peel and slice bananas and arrange over the filling. Top pies with a dollop of double cream, sprinkle the shaved chocolate and serve immediately.