Autumn abundance: Beetroot and feta salad
Autumn is a time of abundance when it comes to fresh produce with a magnificent selection of fruits and vegetables in season.
250g baby beetroot (you can use canned or home cooked), cut into halves or quarters
120gm baby rocket leaves
60gm feta of your choice (Danish is very smooth)
3 tbs walnuts, chopped roughly
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs of ordinary balsamic vinegar (not glazed)
1 tbs honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well.
- Place rocket in the serving bowl.
- Scatter the beetroot over the rocket.
- Crumble feta and walnuts over the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top.